Boating explorations along the Rufiji River are a wild and adventurous safari experience as can be had, cruising amongst hippos, crocodiles and a full checklist of water birds, and getting closer to the attendant wildlife that drinks from the bank
Price:USD $932 /person
Customise:This package can be customised
Game Parks:Selous GR (Tanzania)
Activities:Walking Safaris, Wildlife Viewing
Selous game reserve wildlife walk: 4days 3nights
Selous is the largest game reserve in Africa covering an area the size of Switzerland, Selous is possibly Africa’s last great wilderness. Despite its size, however, this UNESCO World Heritage site has only a handful of high-end safari camps, allowing it to maintain a low-impact exclusivity that is granted by few parks elsewhere.
Opportunities for foot safaris and game walks, boat explorations and the classic 4WD safari in open vehicles add a further unique element to the Selous safari and ensure its reputation for pure bush adventure remains untarnished by volume.
Selous stands unique amongst the major safari destinations of Africa in offering a wider range of safaris than the traditional 4WD-based vehicle safari. Boating explorations along the Rufiji River are a wild and adventurous safari experience as can be had, cruising amongst hippos, crocodiles and a full checklist of water birds, and getting closer to the attendant wildlife that drinks from the bank, as any other method would allow.
Elsewhere, the game walks with armed ranger and guide allow a privileged viewpoint of the game that teems along the riverine
I T I N E R A R Y
Day 00: Arrival Day:
On your arrival you will be met and transferred to the hotel for Dinner and overnight at Kipepeo beach Village
Day 01: Dar es Salaam – Selous
After break fast, drive from Dar es Salaam to selous, arrive at Ndovu Lodge and have lunch, after lunch, have Boat Safari(Optional), Dinner and overnight at Ndovu Lodge. FB
Day 02: Selous
After breakfast, drive inside the park Continued with Game drive, At 1:00pm drive to Tagalala campsite, set camps plus lunch. After lunch, you will have late afternoon game drive, and then return to campsite for dinner and overnight Tagalala campsite. FB
- After breakfast, Drive to Mtemere game post inside Selous, start hiking with assistance of Selous game rangers. At 12:00noon, return to campsite for lunch. After lunch have 2 hours walking safari to hot spring, swim and drive back to Ndovu lodge. You can do cultural tour at Mloka Village(Optional) Dinner and overnight at Ndovu Lodge. FB
Day 04: Selous – Dar es Salaam.
After breakfast drive to Dar es Salaam to connect your flight back home or continued with other activities.
End of our services:
$ 932 per person 2pax sharing
$ 624per person 4pax sharing
- Transport to and from Selous
- Food and meals (vegetarian by default, but flexible on request)
- Use of cooking and eating utensils
- Drinking water for the hikes
- Game park fees
- Campsite fees
- Accommodation in permanent tents
- Game ranger fees for hikes
- Game drive inside the park
- Campsite guards for security of hikers and their belongings
- First night and last night after Safari (Book with us for $35 per person sharing per night). BB
- Airport transfer $ 25 per vehicle per trip.
- International flights (please ask we may be able to assist)
- Items of a personal nature
- You should bring the following items with you. If you don’t have them, we may be able to rent some of these items to you on request.
- Rucksack for carrying personal belongings
- Shoes and clothes suitable for hiking including trousers, and rain coat, Clothes should be in camouflage or dull colours.
- Sunhat and sun cream if necessary
- Change of clothes in case they get wet, change of shoes or flip flops
- Toiletries including soap/washing gel etc and mosquito repellent
- Boat Safari, will cost an additional $39 per person, Minmum 4pax